There are a number of ways that you can lodge your complaint with the Commission For Gender Equality.
- 1. Hard copy complaint form
- 2. Online complaint form
- 3. By email
A complaint can be made in any language. Follow the link for information about making a complaint in other languages. We can also help you write out your complaint if you need assistance.
Your complaint should include the following information.
- your name, address and telephone number
- who you are complaining about and their contact details
- what happened to you, when it happened and who was involved
- what law you think has been breached and how
- whether you have made a complaint anywhere else and, if so, what happened
You can make a complain in a prefered method below.
Note on information security:
The Commission can not guarantee the security of any electronic exchange of information. If you are concerned about providing your complaint by email or using the online complaint form, you can download the complaint form and post your complaint to the Commission For Gender Equality at the address listed above.
What happens next?
The Commission will send you a letter to acknowledge that we have received your complaint. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your complaint within seven (7) days, you can send us an email or call us on +27 11 403 7182 After receiving your complaint an Investigation /legal Officer will be allocated to look into your complaint. The officer will contact you to discuss how the matter will proceed.